Congratulations for beginning your journey towards becoming the best version of yourself and improving the quality of your life. I have been a Licensed Professional Counselor since 2018 providing individual therapy to adults, children and teenagers struggling with mental health issues. Prior to becoming an LPC I worked with teenagers and young adults for 10 years teaching English Composition and Literature at the University of Texas in Brownsville Texas. My passion has always been to educate, empower and help people who suffer from mental illness.
Right now you might feel like you are not in control of your life, your thoughts and feelings may be overwhelming, and that there is no hope. I am here to tell you I believe you can overcome your obstacles and become a stronger, more resilient, confident version of yourself.
What you will get from me is an authentic down to earth approach and someone who is willing to listen, be present without judgement. I strive to create an environment of trust, safety and unconditional positive regard. I encourage my clients to explore and reflect on their own experiences, trauma and strengths and empower them to improve their outlook and perception of themselves and the environment they live in. I will motivate you to rise and take action to live your best possible life.
In my spare time I like to spend time with my family and two boys. I like to exercise, cook and establish a healthy work life balance.
It is often difficult to find a therapist that you feel understands your culture, traditions and values and my goal is to assist you in ensuring you feel comfortable and at ease. I am fluent in both English and Spanish and my priority is to communicate in a way that makes you feel comfortable.
If you are ready to change your life please call me today to schedule an appointment.
- Depression/ Mood Disorders
- Women’s Issues
- Adjustment Disorders
- Child Therapist and Advocate at the Guadalupe County Children’s Advocacy Center
- Bilingual Clinical Counselor for Unaccompanied Minors
- Psychiatric Referral and Assessment Specialist at Palms Behavioral Health
- Psychiatric Civil Commitments Court Liaison at the Rio Grande State Center
- English Composition and Literature Instructor at the University of Texas at Brownsville
- Master of Education in Counseling- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Edinburg,
- Master of Fine Arts in English- New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Writing- Saint Mary’s College – Notre Dame